The Nigerian army says it has killed 74 suspected Boko Haram militants in a raid in north-eastern Borno state.
The raid involved "ground and aerial assault" and "led to the destruction of the identified terrorist camps," said army spokesman Lt Mohammed Dole.
North-eastern Nigeria is the focus of an insurgency waged by Boko Haram in its bid to create an Islamic state.
The area has been placed under a state of emergency as the army tries to crush the group.
Lt Dole said the latest raid had been carried out on Thursday and that two soldiers had been wounded.
President Goodluck Jonathan recently urged the military to up its campaign against Boko Haram, which launched its insurgency in 2009.
The army's claims about military operations against the group are hard to verify - there has been no mobile phone network in Borno state since the latest offensive was launched.
Nigeria's campaign has been criticised by human rights groups.
Amnesty International said earlier this month that hundreds had died in detention in north-eastern Nigeria, some from starvation or extra-judicial killings. (BBC)