Nico United spokersperson, Mogomotsi ‘Ace’ Orapeleng said the coach was present in their last practice session last week and showed no signs of discontent.
“He had his last practise session with the team on Friday and it was the cheerful Mondo as always. We were expecting him back at work after the weekend, but he did not report for duty. We have tried his phone and it is off,” Orapeleng said.
He further said they don’t know Mondo’s position, but he has a running contract with Nico until June 5, 2016. “If there are any new developments regarding his employment nothing official has reached us. We have signed a contract with him and both parties must abide by it. We expect him to be back at work and if anything we are guided by the Employment Act,” he said.
“We have no idea why he could have left because all the players are paid and he was also paid. If it is true he has left, then he has caught us off guard,” he said.
He also added they are still trying to locate his whereabouts.
“We are trying everywhere. He has his family in Gaborone and they are best placed to tell us about his whereabouts because obviously he is in contact with them every week. We had a brief meeting yesterday where we have agreed that we will also engage his fellow Zambians to help trace him up to Zambia,” he added.
Mondo is said to have left during the weekend and efforts to reach him were fruitless as his mobile phone was off.