Latest News

Despite the Umbrella for Democratic Change’s (UDC) attempts to s...
The Parliamentary Committee on Finance and Estimates has rejected a cl...
Following a court ruling that dented Kgosi Kgafela Kgafela II and his ...
A savingram from the Director of Public Service Management Goitseone M...

Chiefs, Gunners In Thrilling Draw

The game betwen Extension Gunners and Mochudi Centre Chiefs produced six goals PIC: MORERI SEJAKGOMO
Extension Gunners coach Enosi Mmesi was not an impressed man after his side played to a thrilling 3-3 draw against Mochudi Centre Chiefs in the BTC Premiership encounter at the Lobatse Sports Complex on Saturday afternoon.

Gunners held a 2-0 lead into the half time break, but Chiefs managed to take a 3-2 lead in the second half. Mapantsola were saved from the blushes by a late penalty call.

Gunners were the first to ask questions as in the second minute Kabelano Mooketsane tried Kenalemang Neo from outside the box before Oabile Makopo skied his free kick effort four minutes later.

With Gunners dominating the first 10 minutes, Chiefs’ first attempt at goal was on the 11th minute, Phenyo Molefe’s long-range effort however did not trouble the goalkeeper. Two minutes later, Mapantsola took the lead, Ogomoditse Sitang found Kenanao Kgetholetsile at the far post, the striker tapped past the goalkeeper to make it 1-0.  Kgetholetsile doubled his side’s lead in the 31st minute as he tucked in Sitang’s corner kick from inside the box. With four minutes to halftime, Unobatsha Mbaiwa found himself in a good space but his shot hit the side net as Gunners held a 1-0 lead into the break. After the break Chiefs looked more a rejuvenated side and it only took eight minutes to pull one back. Bakang Leshona eluded his marker and beat the goalkeeper to the bottom corner to with his first in Chiefs’ colours against his former side.

Gunners could have extended the lead but Mooketsane ballooned his effort from inside the box in the 58th minute before Sitang shot wide on the 63rd minute.

Chiefs found the equaliser with Molefe finding Mbaiwa, he met the ball in the air with clinging kick to tap into the net with his first in Chiefs colours on the 73rd minute. Three minutes later, Neo

produced a splendid save to deny Mosimanegape Ntwaetsile’s headed effort from a corner kick. Magosi took the lead on the 79th minute, Mbaiwa’s long range volley effort clipped the inside of the top corner before curling inside the back of the net as he bagged a brace on his debut.

A minute later, Mooketsane rushed his effort from outside with ended in the hands of the keeper. On the first of referee’s added minutes, Emmanuel Machinya was brought down inside the box by Onalenna Molelekwa and the referee awarded a penalty. Kgetholetsile stepped up and sent Neo the wrong way as he bagged the first hat trick of the season. “The boys took the foot of the paddle and they allowed Chiefs to get back in to the game. We were little bit sloppy on the right side of the defence. We allowed them to penetrate and get two goals,” Mmesi said after the game. “I would say the last element is that the fitness level is not up to scratch and we just assembled the team.” For his part Chiefs’ interim coach, Zaaid Jalal said his side was let down by a below par first half performance.


The Teams:

Gunners: Katlego Mbise, Mpho Kgaswane, Oabile Makopo, Desire Bafana, Mosimanegape Ntwaetsile, Lesego Molemogi (Emmanuel Machinya), Botshelo Mafoko (Ofentse Mmipi), Baokeditswe Talane (Mmoloki Kebalepile), Kenanao Kgetholetsile, Ogomoditswe Sitang, Kabelo Mooketsane

Chiefs: Kenalemang Neo, Onalenna Molelekwa, Mmoloki Masoko, Moabi Sebele, Trinity Nko, Nelson Moreetsi (Koketso Mokgatitswane), Lobopo Moremi (Bafentse Namati), Elvis Maleka, Phenyo Molefhe, Unobatshi Mbaiwa, Bakang Leshona (Arnold Mampori)

Cautions: Kgaswane, Moreetsi

Gunners 3 (Kgetholetsile 13th, 31st, 90+2, penalty)

Chiefs 3 (Leshona 53rd, Mbaiwa 73rd, 79th)




Flogging a dead horse

Latest Frontpages

Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper