Duma fm gives shows to uninitiated

No Image

Duma FM announced its much-awaited new line-up for the year with two uninitiated personalities thrown right into the deep end to steer the morning and afternoon drive shows.

They are former Voice news editor and entertainment man, Rude Boy Necta and Cathy Malejane, from Solomon Monyane's Mudhut studios. Steez, a former Botswana Television (Btv) presenter and Duma FM afternoon drive man, has been sidelined.

Steez, has been anchoring the afternoon drive time in the absence of Dignash who quit the station unceremoniously towards the end of last year, although there were rumours the comedian might be back at Duma FM as part of the new look line-up.

However, it remains to be seen whether the two prime time presenters, still wet behind their ears in as far as radio presenting is concerned, would have any effect at Duma.   In her afternoon drive show, Malejane will be up againstKgosi and Miss B at Yarona FM, as well as Simba at Gabz FM, and the impeccable DJ Sly at RB2.  Rude Boy faces a daunting task to match Tummie Ramsden at Yarona, and Jazelle, Mike Olivier, at Gabz FM.


Beside the announcement of the two novices, Duma FM   there were no further surprises though there was talk that RB2's DJ Sly, Yarona FM's Tummie Ramsden, and Dignash would all be  the highlights of the new look Duma FM line-up. In a recent interview Alfred Busang, the Duma Station Manager told Showbiz that  Dignash could return when they announce their new look line-up.

Announcing the team, Busang said the new format boasts a unique blend of talk and music. " The all new Duma FM programming format has been carefully formulated to allow us to place utmost priority on delivery of good music, and equal precedence on stimulating relevant talk based content...We guarantee that ... no radio station in the country will deliver a better mix of intelligent talk and fantastic music," he said at the Botswana Craft on Friday night at a concert dubbed Di a Duma, meant to launch the new look Duma FM programming.

Editor's Comment
A Call For Government To Save Jobs

The minister further shared that from the 320 businesses that notified the Commissioner of Labour about their plans to retrench, 20 were acceded to, which resulted in 204 workers being retrenched during April 2020 and July 2021.The retrenchments were carried out while the SoE was in place, meaning the companies that succeeded must have had solid reasons, despite the strict SOE regulations imposed on businesses to not retrench. We are left with...

Have a Story? Send Us a tip
arrow up