We wasted P60m on AFCON bid book – Khan
Thursday, May 21, 2026 | 500 Views |
Botswana initially pursued a joint bid with Namibia. PIC MORERI SEJAKGOMO
Addressing BNSC secretariat heads on Thursday morning, Khan said spending P60 million on a bid book, like what happened during the previous bid compilation, must be avoided.
"P60 million is a lot of money. Where we come from, schools have no books. So as you prepare to put together the bid, you must avoid such excessive costs," Khan said. Last year, in April, the Molepolole North Member of Parliament successfully pushed for a motion to set up a parliamentary probe on the failed 2027 AFCON bid.
“Justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.”-Lord HewartHis decision was the correct one.The move neither proves guilt nor settles the serious allegations that have brought him to the doorstep of the Regional Magistrate’s Court.It does, however, recognise a basic principle of accountable government, that a minister facing criminal charges should not remain in a position that could create even...