The Ministry of Minerals, Energy and Water Resources informs the general public and other consumers that the retail pump prices for petrol, diesel and illuminating paraffin will be decreased with effect from 0000hrs, Saturday, 5th December 2015.
The price adjustments are as follows:
1. Retail prices for unleaded Petrol 93 will decrease by 17 thebe per litre;
2. Retail prices for unleaded Petrol 95 will decrease by 16 thebe per litre;
3. Retail prices for Diesel 500 ppm will decrease by 14 thebe per litre;
4. Retail prices for Diesel 50 ppm will decrease by 16 thebe per litre; and
5. Retail prices for Illuminating Paraffin will decrease by 13 thebe per litre.
The decrease is due to a general decline in international crude oil prices and refined product prices. The Government will continue to closely monitor the development of petroleum products prices in both regional and international markets.
This will enable Government to take more appropriate and informed decisions to ensure optimal price control to both the general public and the fuel supply industry.
The public is encouraged to continue practicing fuel conservation measures, to save fuel and reduce the effects of high fuel costs and environmental impacts.