Church killer accused crippled in accident

No Image

Court proceedings at the Village Magistrate court came to a grinding halt yesterday morning in a case in which a man accused of killing a security guard could not appear in court due to his disability.

The accused was not able to appear in court because the case was held in an upper floor of the building, which had no facilities to support his disability. The man is said to have been involved in a road accident after the murder that left him with a disability.

The murder took place at a church in Block 9 early this year. State prosecutor Christina Ramokwena asked court to postpone the case so that it could be moved to another court, which he could be able to attend. It could have been the first time the man appeared in court since his arrest on September 7 by the Gaborone West Police.

The acting Gaborone West Station commander, assistant superintendent Tlotlanang Mogwase also confirmed this. He said: “We completed our investigations and handed the docket to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP).


We have charged him with the murder of one Kelebile Kebabope. We have reasonable belief that he is the one who committed the murder of the man, who was a security guard at a church in Block 9 earlier this year”.  ‘The case will continue on October 3, still at the Village Magistrate court.

Editor's Comment
A Call For Government To Save Jobs

The minister further shared that from the 320 businesses that notified the Commissioner of Labour about their plans to retrench, 20 were acceded to, which resulted in 204 workers being retrenched during April 2020 and July 2021.The retrenchments were carried out while the SoE was in place, meaning the companies that succeeded must have had solid reasons, despite the strict SOE regulations imposed on businesses to not retrench. We are left with...

Have a Story? Send Us a tip
arrow up