Latest News

The beauty pageant for married women, dubbed MRS Botswana is back! Tom...
Upcoming artist, Ofentse Oshima Keodirile who goes by the stage name F...
FRANCISTOWN: The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is playing havoc at the ...
Despite the government’s recent decision to lift suspension on f...

Two more wanted in decapitation case

Simon kgowe leaving Magistrate Court PIC: MORERI SEJAKGOMO
In their ongoing search for decapitated woman's head, police revealed before court to have identified two more suspects.

The suspect in the decapitation murder, Simon Badisa Kgowe, 38, alleged to be the deceased's boyfriend, was yesterday arraigned at Extension II Magistrates Court facing a murder charge.

According to the charges, on July 30, 2018 at Block 3 location in Gaborone, Kgowe murdered Elizabeth Bonolo Kerekang by cutting off her head and cast off her body at Maratanang ward in Tlokweng. Appearing before Magistrate Batho Kgwerethwa, Inspector Joseph Kehakae of Botswana Police Service (BPS) representing the State said their investigations have identified two more suspects who are still at large.

"We are still looking for two more suspects, hence pleading with court to remand the suspect in custody as we fear he might interfere with our investigations if granted bail," he said.

Kehakae went on to disclose before court that they are also still searching for Kerekang's decapitated head.

"Our investigating team is busy searching for deceased's head. We fear that if the issue of Kgowe's bail can be dealt with today, and possibly be granted bail he might interfere with our investigations hence delaying our efforts to find the deceased's missing head," said Kehakae.

He went on to plead with the court to consider dealing

with the issue of bail in the next appearance where they (prosecution) will avail the investigating officer to update court on the progress of their investigations.

Asked if he has anything, Kgowe talking in whispers as if he was in severe pains, pleaded with the court to order the police to send him to hospital to seek medical attention, as he was not feeling well. "I am in pains. My whole body is painful as you can see I am swollen and having shortness of breath. I want to see a doctor," said Kgowe who appeared to be even struggling to sit.

Magistrate Kgerethwa reserved Kgowe's plea and remanded him in custody, stating that the issue of bail will be dealt with at his next appearance on August 16. However, contrary to how he behaved in court and his meekly posture, outside the courtroom Kgowe was now walking properly band hurling insults at photojournalists who were taking him photos and threatening to beat them up.

"Lona babega dikgang le batla go betswa waitse, le dirang, emisang go ntsaya dinepe," said a now full-of-life Kgowe , menacingly pointing a finger at a photojournalist.




Purging the DIS

Latest Frontpages

Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper