Latest News

The Minister of Health and Wellness, Lemogang Kwape has said that they...
The Leader of Opposition (LoO), Dumelang Saleshando has rejected Presi...
World Athletics (WA) has suspended the athletics qualification period ...
Princess Marina Hospital has announced that it will control the number...

Family buried in mass grave

The family that died in an inferno last Sunday morning was buried over the weekend
The Kumakwane family that perished in an inferno recently was buried on Saturday. Joseph and his wife Violet, their children Sadi and Theo Sebopelo, were buried in a mass grave.

Speakers at the funeral expressed disappointment at the manner in which Thamaga Primary Hospital staff treated them.

The uncle to the deceased said they rushed Joseph and Sadi to the hospital, but found no security guard, no ambulence driver, whilst the nurse on duty said they should wait for another nurse who was reporting for duty in the morning. “We arrived at around 4:15am and there was nobody, not even a security guard.

The nurse said we should wait for another nurse who was coming to work at 7:30am. Sadi was not badly injured and she would have survived had she been attended to urgently.

They were only referred to Princesss Marina very late,” said the uncle. He also expressed disappointment at the arrangement where the fire brigade had to be called from Molepolole 60km away

when Gaborone is just 25km away, which is a 10 minutes drive.

They requested for the arrangement to be reviewed or for the construction of a fire station at a strategic location such as Ramaphatle, to service the major villages of Thamaga, Mmankgodi and Kumakwane.

One of the witnesses of the fire stated that they have been traumatised by the incident to a point that they were struggling to sleep or eat.

He indicated that they unsuccessfully tried everything possible to open the door and break the windows to save the family.

Police investigations are continuing and there are indications that the suspect used petrol to torch the house before disappearing.

The couple who did not drink nor smoke, had just arrived home by midnight and the fire is believed to have started at around 3am.




A luta continua

Latest Frontpages

Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper