FRANCISTOWN: Senior Magistrate Thebeetsile Mulalu will on Friday deliver judgment in a case in which accused Mcgini Ncube is accused of murdering several women and burning down their huts in Sebina last year.
The judgment is expected to bring closure to the families of those affected by the gruesome murders and arson cases that gripped the village last year.
A source within the police told Mmegi that if Ncube was not found guilty in the two arson cases, he might be charged for the other offences.
During one of his numerous court appearances, Ncube told Senior Magistrate Thebeestsile Mulalu, that he admitted to the arson charges, as he feared he would die at the hands of police, who executed brutal tactics to obtain information from him. He said police had at one point buried him in river
The 35-year-old Zimbabwean stated police randomly arrested him after they went around the village searching for foreigners who did not have passports. Ncube said he was shocked when he was asked to admit to arson and rape charges.
He said police had ambushed him at his workplace and arrested him together with another Zimbabwean named Themba, and his girlfriend.
The court heard that the latter two were unable to testify in the case as they were deported shortly after their arrest. The prosecution had previously told the court that they would avail the duo because they were key witnesses in the matter.