Latest News

KASANE: Chobe, as a tourism hub, has seen a mushrooming of mobile safa...
Former spy chief, Isaac Kgosi has explained that the gaps found in his...
Moshupa-born ambitious jewellery designer, Mpho Mokgatle was on Friday...
Stanbic Bank has unveiled the youth business incubator named the &lsqu...

No Arrest Yet In Ledumadumane Murder Case

Assistant Superintendent Michael Mooketsi Mosothwane
Sir Seretse Khama Airport (SSKA) police have no leads in a case in which a half-naked dead woman was dumped in a dense bush at Ledumadumane. Police probes are yet to lead to an arrest or detention in the case.

The clarification came after reports that a man alleged to have had a sexual relationship with the deceased prior to the incident was arrested by the police and was being held in custody.

The acting SSKA station commander, assistant Superintendent Michael Mooketsi Mosothwane dismissed the report as false. “No suspect(s) has been arrested yet in relation to the incident, but investigations into the matter are ongoing. We are working tirelessly to resolve the matter,” Mosothwane said.

The police statement dismissed allegations of a certain man (name withheld), a resident of Old Naledi in Gaborone, being arrested immediately after the deceased was discovered on April 4, 2018. The Monitor learnt that the man and the deceased met two days in Bontleng and allegedly spent the night together at a friend’s place still in Bontleng, and parted ways in the morning. The

man allegedly wrote down his phone number on a piece of a paper and gave it to the deceased.

When the deceased was discovered, it is alleged that the police searched her and found the piece of paper inside one of her pockets. It is alleged that the police called the number, leading to the arrest of the man who is allegedly still detained to date. 

At the time, the police suspected that the 32-year-old woman from Mahalapye, names still withheld, might have been raped before she was killed.

The police are still awaiting autopsy results as the deceased was immediately taken to Princess Marina Hospital to establish, amongst others,  if she was sexually assaulted or not. 

Several days passed before her family know her whereabouts when the police made a public announcement calling for her identification at the morgue.




Ga nke e bapa le dithotse

Latest Frontpages

Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper