Man burns to death during loadshedding

Because of loadshedding, people are forced to use candle as a source of light
Because of loadshedding, people are forced to use candle as a source of light

Police in Tlokweng are investigating an incident in which a 29-year-old man burnt to death last Friday after the house he was sleeping in caught fire at Letlhakeng ward.

“According to the information we have, the deceased had lit a candle after power cuts hit his home. We are still not sure what happened next, but his room then caught fire. The incident took place between 1am and 3: 45am,” police station commander, Superintendent, Lebalang Maniki said.

While confirming that the house caught fire in the early hours of Friday, Superintendent Maniki on Monday said that at this early stage, the police were still investigating the matter.

Editor's Comment
A woman’s right to choose: Or is it?

Here in Botswana, we have many single-parent households, mostly female-led, so what does that suggest? That some fathers choose to ditch the responsibility of caring for their children and leave them to the ones who carry them during pregnancy to do the heavy lifting.Of course, in other dynamics, there are instances where the father wants to keep the baby and the would-be mother does not want to, hence the saying ‘whose body is it anyway’.In...

Have a Story? Send Us a tip
arrow up