Biological wash bay recycling system launches

No Image

Multi Water and Multi Waste, industry leaders in water and wastewater management, have supplied and installed two state-of-the-art wash bay water recycling systems at Naledi Motors (3000L per day) and Molapo Motors (6000L per day) respectively.

This is the first of its kind biological wash bay recycling system installed in Botswana. The system is designed to recycle wash bay water for reuse in car and truck washes.

The two systems save up to 180,000 L per month (Enough water for sustaining a population of 50 people) There is a financial benefit to the institution as well saving in excess of P10,000.00 per month in water costs!

The idea came from Riyaz Arbi, Director of Naledi Motors and Malopo Motors, as a way of reducing the dealerships dependancy on water for washing cars and trucks. This initiative is part of his dealerships commitment to sustainability, water conservation and environmental protection.


“This system is environmentally friendly and treats water, biologically, without any added chemicals”. Says Andrew Davies, Managing Director of Multi Water Multi Waste. The system re-uses 90 percent of water from the car and truck wash bay. The remaining 10 percent is lost due to evaporation and spillage.The additional water required to top-up the system comes from rain water harvesting tanks that capture rain water from the wash bay roofs.

Editor's Comment
Escalating fuel prices cause panic

Nowadays it is not uncommon to purchase an item for a certain commodity and return to the shops in a week, to find the same item has gone up by a significant amount of money.Botswana Energy Regulatory Authority (BERA) last week announced yet another fuel price increase, which follows yet another increase that came into effect on March 29. Hardly two months later on May 12 boom, BERA announced yet another increase, which came into effect at a...

Have a Story? Send Us a tip
arrow up