Banners
Banners

Latest News

Bahai community in Botswana invites members of the public to join in v...
Tatitown police have arrested a 36-year-old undocumented Zimbabwean ma...
FRANCISTOWN: A grandfather who could not control his libido will spend...
The Botswana Investment and Trade Centre (BITC) seeks to market Botswa...
Banners
Banners

Gunners, Rollers game grosses P219,000

BOITUMELO KHUTSAFALO
Township Rollers and Gunners fans. PIC MORERI SEJAKGOMO
The weekend's BTC Premiership headline tie between Extension Gunners and Township Rollers grossed P219,000.

Gunners spokesperson, Willough Kemoen said his team pocketed P82, 200 as the home side after deductions and some shortfalls from the ticket sales. The match, watched by 5,270 paying fans, grossed P219,120.

The home team is entitled to 60 percent of the revenue while Rollers took the remaining 40 percent. Rollers took home P61, 353. “I feel more Gunners supporters did not manage to attend the match but hopefully this will improve. We have managed to pay some of debts from the weekend game earnings,” he said.

Kemoen revealed they have now been able to pay former coach, Daniel Nare a total of P56, 000. Before the weekend match, Gunners had already paid

Banners
Nare P46, 000 out of the P100, 000 debt. They agreed to pay him P10, 000 after every match and remain with a P44, 000 debt.  

Gunners have cleared former coach, Pio Paul’s debt

Out of the P219, 120, the Botswana National Sports Council (BNSC) pocketed 25 percent (P54, 780) for the stadium while the Botswana Premier League (BPL) took five percent (P10, 956).

Meanwhile, Kemoen said they have not relocated from Lobatse despite training in Gaborone and subsequently hosting the match in the capital city last week.  

“We will continue to rotate depending on the needs of the team and the (availability of) facilities at the time,” he said.



Sport

Banners
Banners

Selefu

UDC, BDP Caucus

Latest Frontpages

Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper
Banners
Adana Escort Adıyaman Escort Afyon Escort Ağrı Escort Aksaray Escort Amasya Escort Ankara Escort Antalya Escort Antep Escort Ardahan Escort Artvin Escort Aydın Escort Balıkesir Escort Bartın Escort Batman Escort Bayburt Escort Bilecik Escort Bingöl Escort Bitlis Escort Bolu Escort Burdur Escort Bursa Escort Çanakkale Escort Çankırı Escort Çorum Escort Denizli Escort Diyarbakır Escort Düzce Escort Edirne Escort Erzincan Escort Elazığ Escort Erzurum Escort Eskişehir Escort Giresun Escort Gümüşhane Escort Hakkari Escort Hatay Escort Iğdır Escort Isparta Escort İskenderun Escort İstanbul Escort İzmir Escort İzmit Escort Karabük Escort Karaman Escort Kars Escort Kastamonu Escort Kayseri Escort Kıbrıs Escort Kırıkkale Escort Kırklareli Escort Kırşehir Escort Kilis Escort Kocaeli Escort Konya Escort Kütahya Escort Malatya Escort Manisa Escort Maraş Escort Mardin Escort Mersin Escort Muğla Escort Muş Escort Nevşehir Escort Niğde Escort Ordu Escort Osmaniye Escort Rize Escort Sakarya Escort Samsun Escort Siirt Escort Sinop Escort Sivas Escort Şırnak Escort Tekirdağ Escort Tokat Escort Trabzon Escort Tunceli Escort Urfa Escort Uşak Escort Van Escort Yalova Escort Yozgat Escort Zonguldak Escort Alaçatı Escort Aliağa Escort Alsancak Escort Bornova Escort Buca Escort Çeşme Escort Çiğli Escort Gaziemir Escort Karşıyaka Escort fethiye escort iskenderun escort iskenderun escort iskenderun escort iskenderun escort iskenderun escort