Latest News

The board of local property group, Letlole la Rona, has suspended its ...
PRESS STATEMENT: International Socialists Botswana stand in solidarity...
Press Release: The Department of Meteorological Services wishes to inf...
The situation under which informal traders at Gaborone Bus Rank find t...

Zim lovers suffocate to death

PALAPYE: Two Zimbabwean nationals, a man and woman both aged 33 years old were found dead allegedly due to suffocation following a gas leak at a woman's rented room here at Thomadithotse ward on Saturday.

The two, suspected to be lovers, had boiled water on a single burner cadac stove, and reportedly slept.

According to preliminary findings by the Police, it appears the boiling water doused the flame and the gas seeped out and suffused the airtight room.

"They had locked themselves in the room and the windows were tightly closed, we suspect the gas suffocated them to death on their sleep," Palapye deputy station commander assistant superintendent Kelebeletse Lotsholo said.

Lotsholo said the deceased were last seen on Thursday.  She said, according to the sibling to the man, his brother left their place of dwelling to visit the woman on Thursday.

On Friday, he didn’t turn up for work

and his phone rang unanswered. On Saturday, while he still did not pick his brother's call, the suspicious brother went over to the woman’s place to enquire of his whereabouts.

He knocked without answer but the key was on the lock. The landlord assisted with a spare key and upon opening, the two were found dead on the bed.

Lotsholo said they do not suspect foul play but said the bodies of the deceased have been taken for a post-mortem.

"The woman is from Gweru and the man comes from Harare and we have notified their parents. Meanwhile, our investigations continue and the bodies of the deceased are awaiting post-mortem," she said.





Latest Frontpages

Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper