Latest News

The beauty industry has grown in leaps and bounds in the country, slo...
On Wednesday, registered voters will head to the polls to hire who the...
Mi Casa frontman and SA’s much-loved vocalist and foodie J&rsquo...
There is a point in your training as an actor where you realise that y...

Fighters Coach Fumes After Loss

JWANENG: Jwaneng Fighters have a mountain to climb to gain Premier League status after losing 2-0 to Morupule Wanderers in the first leg of the Promotional Play Offs played in the Galaxy Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The team’s coach, Andrew Tlou was not with the the game officiating as he accused the match officials of being responsible for ‘determining the results of the game’.

“I am not happy, I do not normally complain about referees but today their body language showed that they came here to determine the results. That is not fair, it is not football, we are not playing for peanuts here. We are losing points. I know that I am a nobody but you cannot give people results in the manner this game progressed,” the visibly livid Tlou told journalists after the game.

 On the pitch, the home side had the first sight at goal as early as the fifth minute. Keaotshepha Omphile tried with a low drive to the bottom corner but it was parried for a corner by the keeper. The visitors started to find their feet in to the game and eventually took the lead on the 18th minute. Comfort Dikupa rose highest to head home Katlego Mpoelen’s cross to open the scores. Three minutes later, Benjamin Maute’s desperate effort from outside the box was calmly dealt with by the keeper as Fighters looked for a quick response. Following a move by Wanderers,  Kgololo Kgogobi had his shot parried back into play by the keeper on the 33rd minute. Two minutes later on the other end, Oteng Mosala skied his effort from a move by the hosts. On the 37th minute ,Thopho Motheng forced a superb save from Nthwane with a cheeky free kick.  The visitors took a 1-0 lead

to the half time break.

 Just six minutes into the second half, Tshephang Boithatelo tried the keeper with a low drive but Raphael Nthwane saved. The visitors enjoyed a lion’s share of the ball possession as Fighters sat back looking to catch their opponents on counter attacks. Centre forward, Tshepo Baipoledi doubled the visitors’ lead on the hour mark with a splendid diving header. Eight minutes later, Master Masitara could not control his shot as he ballooned it over the bar from in side the box. On the 75th minute, Goreng Bogale beat his marker with pace but could not direct his effort towards the goal posts. Wanderers took a comfortable 2-0 lead ahead of the second leg to be played at Pilikwe grounds this Saturday.

 “We played away, lucky enough we were a playing on a field that am very much familiar with and most the (Fighters’) players I have worked with them before so that was an advantage to us. I knew that they are an ageing team. They do not have that pace so we had to play the balls in to spaces. But is not done yet, we are still going to attack we will not sit back,” Wanderers’ coach Oris ‘Boyo’ Radipotsane said after the game.


The Teams:

Fighters: Nthwane, Karabo Ngaku, Thabang Mokotedi, Otlaabua Phekoupe, Mosimanegape Ngongorego (Kabo Mojuta), Boitumelo Mafoko, Mosala, Richard Seakeng, Maute, Omphile, Bogale (Kago Keotlogele)

Wanderers: Ontiretse Kolobe, Motheng, Kelapile Terata, Tebogo Moroka, Baipoledi, Boithathelo, Gosaitse Manuel (Thabo Wetshoemang), Dikupa, Masitara, Mpoeleng (Bakang Makgoleke), Kgogobi, Makgoleke (Samuel Makgoro)

Cautions: Phekoupe, Dikupa




Incase of a Hung Parliament

Latest Frontpages

Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper