Banners
Banners

Latest News

While many take financial access for granted, quite a number of Batswa...
SEROWE: President Mokgweetsi Masisi has revealed that he strongly warn...
A teacher, Mmala Oefile from Molepolole has finally begun his Big Pot ...
With just eight days left for us to cast our votes and choose our lea...
Banners
Banners

Son Accused Of Triple-Murder Seeks Bail Pending Trial

INNOCENT SELATLHWA
Tebogo Ramantosha PIC: BPS
Four suspects in the gruesome triple murder of a Molepolole family were last month denied bail by Molepolole Chief Magistrate Linah-Oahile Mokibe.

One of the suspects, the only remaining son of the deceased Ramantosha family members, 27-year-old Tebogo Ramantosha appeared before High Court judge Tshepo Motswagole on Friday seeking bail pending trial. Investigations into the case have been completed.

Though he applied on urgency, Tebogo had to wait a little longer as the case was postponed. The hearing was moved to October 5, as the court records did not show that the matter was up for a roll call and not a hearing. He is represented by Sesupo Masaka while Daniel Fohlani represents the State.

Tebogo and his co-accused Mmoloki Tlhaelo, 37, Poloko Segwagwa, 27, and Cornelious Saidoo, 38, are charged with the murder of 55-year-old Patrick Ramantosha, his wife Boingotlo Ramantosha, 47, and the last born son, Keabetswe Ramantosha, 22, on June 21, 2018. During their turned down application at the Magistrate’s court, state prosecutor, Thato Dibeela, opposed the bail application by the accused as she

Banners
said the offence they are charged with is too sensitive.

Dibeela added that further remand was good for their own safety as emotions were still high amongst relatives and members of the public. Ramantosha’s attorney, Masaka pleaded with the court not to detain his client arguing that an accused person is innocent until proven guilty of the offence.

Magistrate Oahile-Mokibe denied all the accused bail noting that when Ramantosha was arrested he confessed that he committed the offence and added that whatever the police have established in their investigations could unearth more evidence.

“Therefore the court has to give the police time to carry out their investigations without any interference, especially in this kind of serious offense.  I shall accordingly refuse bail to enable investigations to continue,” she said. It is expected that the other three accused persons would also apply for bail at the High Court rather than appeal Magistrate’s Court decision.



News

Banners
Banners

Selefu

BOCONGO Presidential Debate

Latest Frontpages

Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper Todays Paper
Banners