Prosecution claims that it will soon release new evidence that will boost their case in the case of the murdered Fairground Holdings chief executive officer (CEO), Michael Montshiwa.
Appearing before Principal Magistrate Goodwill Makofi, representing State prosecution, Ernest Mosate told the court that their recent investigations have revealed more evidence against the accused person, Modise David, a lawyer charged with the murder of Montshiwa.
Mosate stated that prosecution has just completed a mutual legal assistance from Zimbabwe and will in the next mention able to update court in the presence of the accused person and his lawyer, Kgosietsile Ntwayagae who both did not turn up for Friday’s mention.
However prosecution is yet to study the documents, follow diplomatic channels as investigations into the matter are almost completed.
Prosecution did not apply for a warrant of arrest for the accused person, but rather told the court that they will warn him for not turning up for his mention as expected.
Last year in one of the previous mentions, Ntwayagae hauled the prosecution over the ambers for deliberately dragging the case, saying they did not have evidence to
Then, Ntwayagae said if prosecution does not have evidence to prosecute his client, they should at least withdraw the case. Last December prosecution pleaded with the accused and his lawyer for patience, stating that murder investigations required a bit of time.
The prosecution had even relaxed the accused person’s bail conditions.
Then prosecution revealed that it had relaxed the accused person’s bail conditions so as to be able to carry out their investigations without being pressured.
However then, village magistrate Ike Raphel conceded and advised David that investigations of murder cases usually take longer, hence should exercise more patience.
Initially, when the news of murder of the CEO broke, two suspects were fingered with David, emerging as the alleged mastermind.
David was allegedly the last person to communicate with Montshiwa minutes before the CEO’s fatal shooting in Block 6, Gaborone on October 18, 2015.
David has been on bail since his arrest in December 2015.